11.7.13

Travel Tip: Remember that NYC is way bigger than DC.

When we got to NYC, my mind was kind of blown. I had gotten used to the size of DC. DC was big, but comfortable. NYC? Not exactly homey.

The first day here was the best day. Possibly in all of forever. We went to see Wicked at the Gershwin Theater! I have wanted to see Wicked since my cousin Gabby had seen it and I’d relentlessly pestered her for all of the details about the show. Even as a kid, I loved the idea of adding complexity to the characters of Glinda and the Wicked Witch of the West. The musical was beautiful. I loved all of the characters and every last song. The set? So beautiful and detailed. It was like being in Oz. Overall, a magical experience. 

DC on the left, NYC on the right

More than anything, we've just been exploring. There is beautiful architecture everywhere! Anywhere you look, it's totally different from Arkansas. After figuring out the Subway (it's much bigger than the Metro in DC).

We visited Times Square! It was so neat to visit, but there's not much to do after you've taken a picture on the stairs and looked at the ads.
Vintage dress from shopping in DC

So after we spent about 15 minutes in Times Square, we went to Central Park. There was so much going on! Everywhere I looked, there was a monument or someone doing some kind of street performance. My favorites were some guy blowing bubbles and a group doing a dance routine.



It's like that everywhere. Everywhere you look, someone is doing a routine or selling food from a truck. It's great. I don't think you could ever get bored.

I just want to go everywhere and see everything. But that's absolutely not going to happen. Tomorrow, I'm planning to see some of the great architecture and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. And everything. That's still my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment