29.3.09

Me

Well it looks like that afore mentioned insomnia has stricken, so you get a blog post. about me.

The bathroom renovation went... tolerably well. We didn't finish, but we made huge gains. The new flooring is mostly installed, the new vanity is installed, the new light fixture is installed, the new faucets work... There is however, the ceiling left to paint as well as another coat for the walls and the woodwork. We changed out the knobs on the vanity in the main bathroom as well as the toilet paper holder and the towel bar and ring. They were a terrible polished brass and are now a tasteful combination of glass knobs and brushed nickel hardware. :)

Thursday night, I got a babysitting gig. Two kids, a 4 year old girl, and a 7 year old boy, so I charged $6 an hour. They are marvelous kids, definitely hyper, but once we got past the "test the babysitter" stage, we had a great time. The kids have a really early bedtime, and the parents told me to feel free to peruse their ENORMOUS dvd collection and watch anything that caught my eye. It was fabulous. It took me an hour just to decide what I wanted to watch. Hopefully, they'll ask me to babysit again!

On Saturday, Mom and I had an outing. It was grand fun! :) First we made a trip to St. Joseph's Flea Market, where I got an awesome dress, two fantastic old pieces of sheet music, and six romance novels by Barbara Cartland. Then Mom and I headed for Little Rock. We went to a big Hobby Lobby, perused Merle Norman, and went to JoAnn's. This was all on our way to Savers because we couldn't find it, and then we found that delightful shopping center with a restroom. :) Finally we found Savers, which was very awesome. It's HUGE. And there are all kinds of awesome things everywhere! I got a cute hoodie, two shirts, and a belt. There were tons of jeans that were quite cute, but most of them were about $10 and I really didn't need any. But they have shoes, books, handbags, ties, belts, clothes, housewares, furniture! It was very cool. :)

Mom and I never did make it to see either Coraline or Watchmen this week, but we hit Blockbuster pretty hard. :) We've watched The Fantasticks, Let's Make Love, and Neverwas--all of which were phenomenally fantastic! We've also rented Hellboy and we have Ghost In The Shell and Pump Up The Volume that I desperately want to see as well... :)

I have finished both of my Spring Break school assignments, actually doing good work instead of slopping down crap. This is especially good since the assignments were in classes that I'm not doing so well in, Pre AP English and AP US History. My difficulty in English is ridiculous. Its always been one of my best subjects. There is, however, a lot of homework assigned and the tests center around quotes. I am often too overwhelmed to complete all of my homework and kind of rotate around which class I blow off when and speakers and subjects of particular quotations from a quickly read novel frequently slip my mind.

Sophomore year is possibly worse than freshman year. Which is an astonishing occurrence I thought an impossibility last year. *sigh*.

Well... it has just struck 2 a.m. so I'm going to try sleep again... (It happens to me every night
Can't sleep, the clowns will eat me...)

(Why, yes! I do frequently make random Alice Cooper references!)

No comments:

Post a Comment